I was feeling a little creative today but did not feel like painting, instead I put my apron on and create heaven on a dish alias a geek style spinach pie called Spanokopita
Thisspinach pie is very similar to the turkish burek pastries or to the Italian torta pasqualina also called torta verde a traditional dish from Liguria region, that is one of my favourite dishes ever, and I promise I will give you the recipe in a few weeks, so stay tuned in and you will not be disappointed!
And no ready steady go!
1 bunch of spinach
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 spoon of salted melted butter (or as much as needed to brush phylo)
1 cup of oil
1 pack of filo dough, defrosted and unrolled
375g of feta cheese
1 table spoon of salt
¼ spoon of pepper
½ leek (in the original recipe you should put scallions)
- Preheat the oven at 180
- Wash very well the spinach
- In a pan put: a little bit of olive oil, the copped onions, leak and spinach.
- Sauté for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Mix the eggs, oil, salt, pepper until combined.
- Cut the spinach es in small parts, add feta cheese (cut in cubes) mix togheter then combine the rest. Mix gently until fully combined.
- Put half of the Phylo pastry package at the bottom of your oven pan, greasing every 2 layers.
- Spoon the spinach filling over it. Then cover with the other phylo pastry sheets (greasing every 2 layers),
- Oil the last layer
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 180, or until top is golden.