vendredi 23 mars 2012

Interview of Etsy Seller Lucy from Liquid Silver Design

Hi,

With my new years resolutions (made in march instead of january) I ve decided to: quit smoking (yes it is 3 weeks now and I feel so much better), learn to crochet, and last but not the least set up twice a week an interview of a special Etsy seller.

My first guest  is Lucy from Liquid Silver Design 


Tell us a bit about yourself


My name is Lucy, I'm 23 and live and work in the beautiful rural county of Suffolk in the UK. I have a full time job working in the electricity industry and discovered my passion for making jewellery about a year ago. I have always been creative and come from a family full of very talented artisians. I became a registered member of the London assay office at the begining of this year and started sharing my passion with the rest of the world!

I love all crafts not just silversmithing and I have a love of all animals big and small at home I'm kept company by my 4 loveable but very naughty cats, my snakes, 2 geckos and 2 tarantulas.




Tell us a bit about your jewellery

My jewellery started out as a hobby making pieces for myself and gifts for family and friends. When people started asking where I get my jewellery from I decided it was time to jump into the online craft market. Every piece I make is something personal to me, I never make something just for the sake of it. 
I take my inspraition from everything around me the beautiful shapes, textures and colours found in nature are so vauleble to me. If I go out for a walk I will collect leaves, flowers, twigs and generally anything that takes my fancy.
I also love my garden I'm very lucky to have a large south facing garden where I grow flowers, fruits and vegetables often just because I like thier shapes and want to replicate them in silver.




Your recent project





My most recent project is getting to grips with stone setting I have recently made my first piece using dichroic glass I love the way it sparkles and changes colour when light hits it!





Click here for more details





Apart from jewellery I'm working on several sewing projects. I love sewing but have not touched a sewing machine since school! luckily I have a very talented and very paitent friend who is teaching me... although it is like starting from scratch again! 



If you were not an arist, what would you be

?


ooooo Thats a tough question! there are so many things I would love to do... but I would probably have to pick zoology! I adore animals and think the conservation of endagered speices is very important and something we should all think about... I mean do we really want to be in a position where all we are leaving our children is photographs?
I have a perticular love of snakes I spend half my life trying to help other people that these beautiful, graceful and frankly amazing animals and not just the scary monsters you see in the films.












Thank you!

Aucun commentaire: