dimanche 1 juillet 2012

Yummy Monday - Australia's Icon: Vegemite

This week is going to be our last week dedicated entirly to Australia: from food to art,...but do not worry we will still have some sporodical ozy related posts is a dark brown Australian food paste made from yeast extract.
It is a spread for sandwiches, toast , cracker , ...
Despite the horrible color it does taste good especially on crakers with a bit of butter umh It is really yummy!
I know It has nothing to do with it but it reminds me a lot of anchovies paste (one of my favourite comfort food ever) I guess It is because of the saltiness!
Yesterday night on a famous australian cooking show they showed some really cool recepies with it such as french macarons with chocolate, raspberries and vegemite! Fancy that! How bizarre but apprently really yummy! One day I will certainly try to make them, but before I have to learn to make good macarons...
Hope to have inspired you!
xoxo
Lesley

Aucun commentaire: